Objectives: Developmental Disorders
1. Define developmental defects and discuss etiological agents and pathogenesis of neurological developmental defects.
2. List and discuss defects in closure of the neural tube.
3. Describe the pathology and clinical signs associated with syringomyelia.
4. Discuss and compare characteristics of the Arnold-Chiari malformation and the Dandy-Walker malformation.
5. For the following developmental defects of the cerebral hemispheres, define and discuss the pathology, and, when appropriate, the pathogenesis and clinical sequelae: Polymicrogyria, megalencephaly, microcephaly, heterotopias, holoprosencephaly, agenesis of the corpus callosum