Objectives: Cerebrovascular Disorders
1. Differentiate between ischemia and hypoxia and their effects on the CNS
2. Describe what is meant by "stroke" and "transient ischemic attack (TIA)" and discuss the interrelationships between hemorrhage, thrombosis, embolism and infarction in the brain parenchyma.
3. Discuss thrombosis, embolism and infarction in the CNS.
4. Discuss intracranial hemorrhage.
5. Describe the etiology, pathogenesis, morphology, distribution of lesions, clinical manifestations and sequelae of intracranial berry (saccular) aneurysms.
6. Discuss arteriovenous malformations.